Why Join the Chamber?
- The BASTROP CHAMBER OF COMMERCE is focused on creating a strong local economy.
- The BASTROP CHAMBER OF COMMERCE continuously promotes the community and your business.
- The BASTROP CHAMBER OF COMMERCE is the clear voice of business communicating to all levels of government to hold the line on taxes and government regulations/interference.
- The BASTROP CHAMBER OF COMMERCE provides an extraordinary array of effective business networking opportunities to help you get connected.
- The BASTROP CHAMBER OF COMMERCE aggressively advocates for business through effective political action, ensuring that government offices are business sensitive.
- The BASTROP CHAMBER OF COMMERCE keeps you informed on important issues impacting your business, keeping you in front of the curve.
- The BASTROP CHAMBER OF COMMERCE provides meaningful business education and timely skill building workshops to improve your business effectiveness.
- The BASTROP CHAMBER OF COMMERCE has assembled a unique array of member discounts and benefits to save you time and money.
- The BASTROP CHAMBER OF COMMERCE is uniquely positioned to represent your business to relocating residents, new business and visitors to our community.
- The BASTROP CHAMBER OF COMMERCE is an exciting organization of energetic, vibrant members joining together to help make Bastrop an even Better place to live, work and thrive.
In a study commissioned by the American Chamber of Commerce Executives with support from Small Business Network Inc., Market Street (A part of The Shapiro Group Inc.) was able to determine the real value to companies - in terms of consumer outcomes - of joining and being active in their local Chamber of Commerce.
Do consumers really support businesses because they are chamber members?
- Most consumers (59%) think that being active in the local chamber of commerce is an effective business strategy overall. It is 29% more effective, however, for communicating to consumers that a company uses good business practices and 26% more effective for communicating that a business is reputable.
- If a company shows that it is highly involved in its local chamber (e.g., sits on the board), consumers are 12% more likely to think that its products stack up better than its competition.
- When a consumer thinks that a company's products stack up better against the competition because the company is highly involved in its local chamber of commerce, it is because he or she infers that the company is trustworthy, involved in the community, and is an industry leader.
- When consumers know that a restaurant franchise is a member of the chamber of commerce, they are 40% more likely to eat at the franchise in the next few months.
- When consumers know that an insurance company is a member of the chamber of commerce, they are 43% more likely to consider buying insurance from it.
- When consumers know that a small business is a member of the chamber of commerce, they are 44% more likely to think favorably of it and 63% more likely to purchase goods or services from the company in the future.
- 59% of consumers say that you're showing people about your company
- 63% of consumers say that you're showing you are involved in the community
- 64% of consumers say that you're showing that you care about consumers
- 69% of consumers say that you're showing that you have a good reputation
- 70% of consumers say that you're showing that you use good business practices
Small businesses represent the largest segment by number of most chamber membership rolls, so it is important to quantify the impact that a chamber membership has on them. The following are the study results of respondents from small businesses when asked the impact of being a chamber member:
- 70% of consumers say that you're showing that you use good business practices
- Overall 44% said it increases Consumer Favorability
- Overall 51% said it increases Consumer Awareness
- Overall 57% say it increases the Local Reputation
- Overall 63% say it increases the Likelihood of Future Patronage
Membership has its privileges...
Listing on the Chamber’s Website
With numerous hits daily, our website offers exposure for your business. You will be included in this online-searchable membership directory with a link to your business website. As part of your listing you have the opportunity to have a personal business page within our website and the ability to list key search words to up your Google search. Website advertising opportunities are available for a fee.
Free Listing in the Chamber’s Membership Directory
We distribute over 5,000 copies of this valuable resource to our members, residents, visitors, and in re-location packages for us in finding products and services they need. All members are listed free of charge by category and in the alphabetic listing. Advertising is available for a fee.
The Chamber takes thousands of phone calls, walk-ins and emails annually from people looking for goods, services, shopping, and inquires about tourism. We refer all of our calls, visitors and emails to our members first.
The Chamber’s website helps members connect to a world of business information. Here, users can check our Chamber and Community calendars online to see Bastrop happenings, have membership login capabilities, sign-up for events, see Member to Member discounts, read the monthly Chamber newsletter, email our staff and much more!
Our Chamber office has a high level of walk in traffic. In our Business Resource Center, our members can display brochures, information and business cards that promote their business free of charge.
Ribbon Cuttings, Grand Openings, and Groundbreaking
This service is available to all Chamber members. We will provide the ceremonial scissors, ribbon, pictures and invite our Chamber Ambassadors and the Board of Directors. We also highlight your event on our website, newsletters, in our email blast and on our social media. Ribbon Cuttings are available to members that are having grand openings, anniversaries, business expansions, relocating, or under new ownership.
The Chamber logo is a symbol of your good corporate citizenship and identifies you as an important part of the Bastrop area business community.
Sponsoring one of the Chamber’s premier events such as the Patriotic Festival and Bastrop’s River of Lights will increase your exposure to businesses and the community. Sponsorships are available ranging from $500 to $3,000.
Every month our newsletter is published in the Bastrop Advertiser with a distribution of 4,500 readers. The newsletter is full of information about what is going on at the Chamber and around the business community. New members are spotlighted as well as members who are renewing their membership investment.
Luncheons are held the 1st Wednesday of every month (except July & December) and are attended by local business owners as well as city, county and state officials. All members of the community are encouraged to attend to hear these informative programs. By attending these luncheons you are able to meet and network with other members and most importantly, potential customers. New members are introduced the month after being approved by the Board. Sponsoring a luncheon gives you the opportunity to advertise your business with a brief presentation at the luncheon. Members receive discounted Luncheon ticket pricing.
Annual Chamber Awards Banquet
The second Saturday of February the Chamber hosts our annual Banquet; a special night of entertainment which includes dinner and awards in honor of its members. Not only do we recognize the best of Bastrop in business and its citizens, we also offer businesses the opportunity to become sponsors. A sponsorship includes pre-Banquet publicity on our website, in the newsletters, on our social media, the Banquet Program and a continuous-loop presentation that plays all night long. It is an evening you don’t want to miss! Members receive discounted Banquet ticket pricing.
Periodically the Chamber has training sessions and workshops on topics of interest to our members. Check our Chamber calendars, our newsletter, social media and email blasts for the days of these training opportunities.
Monthly membership functions provide forums for making business contacts. These include membership luncheons that are held on the first Wednesday of each month (except July & December), County-wide Mixers, Business After-Hours, and quarterly membership breakfast functions. These events offer the membership a great way to make new contacts, meet other professionals, and become involved in community activities.
Community Calendar & Involvement
The Chamber assists the community, local clubs, and organizations in the promotion of events and activities through a Community Calendar on our website, disseminating information, answering questions or mailing additional information in the way of brochures.
Economic and Demographic
The Chamber serves as a reference point for members when they seek the latest statistical and demographic information for business planning purposes.